Friday, September 7, 2007

It's finally here. Opera 9.5

It's finally here.

Opera 9.5 Alpha has arrived, and of course i had to install it. 

Just for safety I installed it separate from my 9.23 installation.

 
 When I started it I was pleasantly surprised, it is even faster than 9.23,

And this for an alpha build, this promises for the release build :)

 

Some new items are :

  • Performance
  • Full history search (quite usefull)
  • Improved site compatibility
  • Access for everyone
  • Improved platform integration
  • Preview of bookmark and Speed Dial synchronization (very nice )
  • Magic Windows build number (very important of course ;-) )


For some statistics that it is indeed fast :

http://nontroppo.org/timer/kestrel_tests/ 
 

If you want to play with a new browser , or read about the new features:
http://www.opera.com/products/desktop/next/

 

Beware, it is an alpha build !

I have one problem and it crashes when I want to save a webpage to an mht file,

Otherwise I have no probems found yet, I will post if I find more.

No comments: